Sat, Oct 14|
2nd Annual Stock Island Cleanup & Community Celebration Day
Mark your calendar to join Coastlove and the Stock Island community as we cleanup the island and celebrate this diverse and thriving community.
Saturday, Febuary 10th
Oct 14, 2023, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Bernstein Park, 6751 5th St, Stock Island, FL 33040, USA
About The Event
Coastlove is excited to announce we are headed back to Stock Island for our 2nd Annual Stock Island Cleanup and Community Celebration. Join Coastlove and the Stock Island community as we clean up the island and celebrate this diverse and thriving community.
The day begins with teams made up of friends, organizations, and businesses cleaning up their pre-selected areas around the island. As the teams are cleaning, the celebration will be underway. Visitors will enjoy free music, food, and crafts, as well as booths in the Coastlove Education Village where local non-profits will be ready to share their knowledge about our islands and how we can all be a part of protecting them. Make plans to stay for the entire event! You will not want to miss the silent auction, local bands, food, face painting for the kids, and so much more.
After the cleanups, the teams will check in at Bernstein Park and join the festivities. The winning team for most debris collected will be announced at 2:00 pm during the closing ceremony. Prizes are to be announced soon!
As always, with your help, we aim to show what can be accomplished when communities and like-minded organizations work together! If you would like to show your support and community pride, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started. Here are just a few ways you can participate:
- Organize a clean-up team* and be eligible for prizes
- Sign up as an event sponsor
- Become an annual Coastlove partner
- Support the event as an in-kind donor for our silent auction, team prize package, food, drinks...oceans the limit
- Got another idea, we're all ears, reach out and let us know what you're thinking!
*Things to know about organizing a clean-up team:
- Cleanup team submissions and site plans must be submitted 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Early sign-ups are recommended as we are limited to 10 team groups.
- Team supplies that will be provided: bags, gloves, Coastlove t-shirts and water...plus an extra item or two that you'll have to sign-up to learn about!
Please NOTE: Event attendees are not required to participate in the cleanup activities; however, you must organize or join a team to participate in the cleanup activity.
What to Bring/Wear/Know:
- Closed-toe shoes are required for cleanup participants!
- Wear clothes and pack bags that can get wet/dirty.
- Change of clothes and a towel.
- Bring reef-safe sunscreen
- Bring bug spray and/or wear long sleeves and pants.
- A reusable bottle for refilling at the water stations.
Got questions? Email us at email@example.com and we'll get you the answer you're looking for!