Sat, Apr 29|
Key West Nature Preserve Cleanup and Planting
Join Coastlove, the City of Key West and One Tree Planted this Arbor Day as we begin to restore the Key West Nature Preserve.
Saturday, Febuary 10th
Apr 29, 2023, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Key West, 1691 Atlantic Blvd, Key West, FL 33040, USA
About The Event
Join Coastlove, the City of Key West and One Tree Planted this Arbor Day as we begin to restore the Key West Nature Preserve. The Key West Nature Preserve is one of the last intact preserves on the Island of Key West and is home to coastal birds, butterflies, and threatened species. It is also a popular spot for locals and visitors alike.
We will be cleaning up debris, removing invasive vegetation, and planting native trees and dune vegetation so it's all hands on deck. Enjoy free music snacks, and community while making a positive impact.
All participants must register upon arrival. There are no recommended age restrictions for this event. This is a free family-friendly event and all are welcome!
Park entry will be free for all event participants. Once at the gate, let the attendant know that you are there for the event, and they will direct you where to park. Look for the Coastlove registration tent and signs at the entrance of the boardwalk.
What to Bring/Wear/Know:
- Closed-toe shoes. NOTE: We may be wading through water.
- Wear clothes and pack bags that can get wet/dirty.
- Bring a towel or change of clothes.
- Bring reef-safe sunscreen
- Bring bug spray and/or wear long sleeves and pants.
- A reusable bottle for refilling at the water stations. We will not be handing out bottles of water or cups, but water will be made available.
- NOTE: This is an undeveloped area with low-hanging branches and uneven walking paths.